The Bar Human Rights Committee of England and Wales (BHRC), the All Party Parliamentary Human Rights Group (PHRG) and the APPG on Uyghurs were pleased to host this online panel event to launch a new high-level report: The Responsibility of States under International Law to Uyghurs and other Turkic Muslims.
– Schona Jolly QC, BHRC Chair, to present the findings of the report.
– Nicola Macbean, Director, The Rights Practice.
– Rahima Mehmut, London-based Uyghur singer, award-winning translator, and human rights activist.
– Adrian Zenz, Senior Fellow in China Studies at the Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation, Washington, D.C
– Alistair Carmichael MP, co-Chair, APPG on Uyghurs
The Q&A session, which included Mr Carmichael’s contribution, was not recorded.
You can download the Briefing Paper here: https://www.barhumanrights.org.uk/bhr…